Old Question Paper for B.Sc. Ag. – Final Examination
Subject: Agriculture and Environmental Economics
Tribhuvan University (TU)
Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science (IAAS)
Level: B.Sc. Ag Third Semester | Year: 2062 (2005)
Full Marks: 40 | Pass Marks: 16 | Time: 2 hrs
Candidates are required to give their answer in their own word as far as practicable. The figure in the margin indicates full mark.
Essay Type Question: 
1. What does the project cycle mean? Describe different methods of project evaluation.
Short Questions(Attempt any Ten): [10×3=30]
2. What do you mean by resources? Discuss the behavioral relationship of biological resources with the help of diagrams.
3. What does the watershed degradation mean? Discuss the role of community for biodiversity conservation.
4. What are the methods of evaluating non-trade goods? Discuss any one method with a suitable example.
5. Describe the major environmental policy envisaged in national periodic plans of Nepal.
6. Discuss policy and action for forest and rangeland management in Nepal.
7. What do you mean by nutrient cycle? Show the schematic presentation of nutrient cycle.
8. Establish the interrelationship among different components of Nepalese farming system and discuss its likely consequences for sustainable agriculture production.
9. Describe the social and environmental aspects of project preparation with suitable examples.
10. Discuss the involvement of different institutions for the management of land and forest resources in Nepal.
11. Write short notes on:
a. Sensitivity analysis
b. Internalizing the externality
c. Environmental impact assessment
12. Differentiate between :
a. Exhaustible and non-exhaustible resources
b. Monitoring and evaluation
c. Technically and pecuniary externality.