Tribhuvan University (TU)
Institute of Science and Technology (IOST)
Bachelor Level / Fourth Year / Seventh Semester / Science
Computer Science and Information Technology – (CSc.401)
Advance Database Management System | Year: 2072
Full Marks: 60 | Pass Marks: 24 | Time: 3 Hours
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The questions are of equal value.
Attempt all Questions.
- Explain the following terms:
Database performance tuning
Subclass vs superclass
- What are query optimization techniques? Explain.
- Differentiate between specialization and generalization with example.
- How do single inheritance, multiple inheritance and selective inheritance differ?
- What are the differences between structured and unstructured complex objects? Explain.
- What are the object relational featured that have been included in SQL-99?
- Discuss how time is represented in temporal database and compare different time dimensions.
- What are the difference and similarities between object and literals in the ODMG Object Model?
- Describe multimedia database and what are the different types of multimedia data that are available in current systems?
- Explain XML schema and XML DTD.