Tribhuvan University (TU)
B.B.S. (4 Years Program) / MGMT / MGT 216
Foundations of Human Resource Management
Year: 2073 / Second (II) Year
Full Marks: 100 | Time: 3 hrs
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Group “A” – Brief Answer Questions [10 X 2 = 20]
Attempt ALL Questions
1. Enlist the objectives of HRM.
2. What is succession planning?
3. What is job evaluation?
4. What is informal interview?
5. Give the concept of human resource development.
6. What are the causes of frustration?
7. State the examples of intrinsic rewards.
8. What are the components of total compensation?
9. List out the steps in the process of disciplinary action.
10. State the causes of employee grievances.
Group “B” – Descriptive Answer Questions [5 X 10 = 50]
Attempt FIVE questions.
11. Define human resource management (HRM). Explain the outcomes of HRM system.
12. Explain the sources and methods of recruitment.
13. Define job satisfaction. Explain the factors related to job satisfaction.
14. Define performance appraisal. Explain the purpose of performance appraisal.
15. What are extrinsic rewards? How do they differ from intrinsic rewards?
16. Describe the procedures of handling grievances of the employees.
Group “C” – Analytical Answer Questions [2 X 15 = 30]
Attempt any TWO questions.
17. Discuss the role of information system in human resource planning. Explain the process of human resource planning.
18. Define job analysis and discuss its outcomes.
19. What is management development? Discuss the different techniques of management development.