Tribhuvan University | Faculty of Management
Office of the Dean | Year: 2015
BIM / Third Semester / IT 216: Java Programming – I
Full Marks: 40 | Time: 2 Hrs
Candidates are required to answer all the questions in their own words as far as practicable.
Group “A” – Brief Answer Questions: [10 X 1 = 10]
1. What is JVM?
2. What is operator? List arithmetic operators.
3. Differentiate between interface and base class.
4. Write syntax of switch case statement.
5. What is wrapper class?
6. Define thread.
7. What do you mean by enumeration?
8. How constant variable is declared in Java?
9. What is garbage collection?
10. What is method overriding?
Group “B” – Exercise Problems: [5 X 4 = 20]
11. Write a Java program to display all the even numbers from 1 to 500.
12. Make a thread using runnable interface to display number from 1 to 20; each number should be displayed in the interval of 2 seconds.
13. Write a program that reads line of text from keyboard and write to file. Also read the content of the same file and display on monitor.
14. Make class “Rectangle” with attribute length and breadth. The class contains methods computeArea and displayArea. Write a program with main method that creates two objects of Rectangle class and find their areas and display area of larger rectangle.
15. Make an interface named num with two functions int add (int x, int y) and int diff(int x, int y) then make a class the implements that interface num.
Group “C” – Comprehensive Answer Questions: [2 X 5 = 10]
16. What is exception? Explain nested try-catch statement with example.
17. Define package? Write down steps to create package. Explain with example.