Tribhuvan University (TU)
Bachelor Level (4 Years Program)
Science & Tech. / Sc.101
Year: 2072 | First (I) Year
Full Marks: 50 | Time: 2 hrs
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt ALL the questions.
1. Read the following passage and answer the questions given below briefly. 
In the pre-scientific world, power was God’s. There was not much that man could do even in the most favorable circumstances, and the circumstances were liable to become unfavorable if man incurred the divine displeasure. This showed itself in earthquakes, pestilences, famines, and defeats in war. Since such events were frequent it was obviously very easy to incur divine displeasure. Judging by the analogy of earthly monarchs, man decided that the thing most displeasing to the Deity is a lack of humility. If you wished to slip through life without disaster, you must be meek; you must be aware of your defenselessness, and constantly ready to confess it. But the God before whom you humbled yourself was conceived in the likeness of man, so that the universe seemed human and warm and cozy, like home if you are the youngest of a large family, painful at times, but never alien and incomprehensible. (God in this Godless Universe, B. Russell)
a. Why did God show His anger against man? 
b. Why man was supposed to be very week against God? 
c. How do you explain man’s resemblance to God? 
d. What are some of God’s wraths that occur so frequently? Explain them in regards to your own religious faiths or seen in the traditional societies. 
2. (a) What causes super pollution? Argue with some burning examples experienced in and around your surroundings. (Pollution and Super-Pollution, GR Taylor) [7.5]
2. (b) What is your view of the future of computer ethics as derived from the essay ‘A Very Short History of Computer Ethics’ by TW Bynum? [7.5]
3. (a) Match each of the words in the first group with the words in the second group to form compound adjectives. [2.5]
Group I: energy environment green hard ill
Group II: looking house efficient friendly working
3. (b) Put the following FIVE sentences in the right order, so that they read like a coherent paragraph: [2.5]
i. One of the most remarkable facts about water is its power to carry silt or finely divided soil in suspension.
ii. This colour varies with the nature of the earth in the catchment area and is most vivid immediately after a fresh inflow following rain.
iii. This is the origin of the characteristic colour of the water in rainfed tanks.
iv. The colour of the water changes successively from the muddy red or brown to the blue.
v. Eventually great tracts of land have been formed by silt.
4. What is technical communication? How is it different from general-purpose communication? Explain with suitable arguments. 
5. Write a 5 paragraphs technical essay based on the following sub-titles: [5+ 10 = 15]
Introduction/definition, background/point of origin of arguments, main arguments that include sufficient discussions either in support or against of the topic, conclusion/suggestions. Mention your plan before you start writing the essay.
Mechi to Mahakali Madhya Pahadi Lokmarga: Need for Balanced Development
Central University for Science and Technology.