Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)
Office of the Controller of Examination
Regular/Back Exam-2070, Bhadra
Program: General Medicine/ Pharmacy /Lab / Radiography / Dental Science (Dental Hygiene) / Homeopathy/ Ophthalmic Science / Ayurveda )
Year / Part: First Year | Subject: Botany
Full Marks: 64 | Pass Marks: 25.6 | Time: 3 hrs
Candidates are required to give their answer in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt (Any Ten) questions [ 10 X 1 = 10]
1. Define histology.
2. What is cell theory?
3. Name the reserve food material in Algae.
4. List two names of cell inclusions.
5. Define tropic level.
6. Why bryophytes are called plant amphibian?
7. Which cell organelle is called suicidal bag?
8. Define ethnobotany.
9. Define osmosis with example.
10. Define fermentation with example.
11. Write the botanical names of wheat and orange.
12. Write the scientific name of Aduwa and Dalchini.
Attempt (Any Ten) questions. [10 X 3 = 30]
13. List the functions of lipid.
14. Write the economic importance of fungi.
15. Write the living characteristics of virus.
16. Write short notes about plastid.
17. Write the difference between algae and fungi.
18. List the significance of photosynthesis.
19. List the possible danger in genetic engineering.
20. Describe the sex determination process of human.
21. Write about ozone layer depletion.
22. Describe Mendel’s monohybrid cross.
23. Mention the medical value of asuro and Pudina.
Attempt (Any Three) questions . [3 X 8 = 24]
24. Describe the mitosis cell division with necessary diagram. [2 + 6 = 9]
25. Describe the life cycle of Mucor. 
26. What is water pollution? Describe its sources, impact and preventive measures. [2+2+2+2 = 8]
27. Describe Mendel’s law of inheritance with suitable example. [4+4 = 8]