Question Paper of Basic Pathology and First Aid
Old is Gold – CTEVT Second Year
Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training
Office of the Controller of Examinations
Regular/Back Exam – 2071 (2014), Bhadra/Ashwin
Program: lab Technician (New Course)
Year/Part: Second Year | Subject: Basic pathology and First Aid
Full Marks: 64 | Pass Marks: 25.6 | Time: 3 hrs
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Group ‘A’ [4 X 8 = 32]
Attempt (Any Four) Questions.
1. Define Pathology. Explain the importance, scope and fields of Pathology.
2. Define Shock. Write the cause of Hypovolumic Shock. What is the management of hypovolumic shock?
3. What is tumour marker? Describe the method of detection of tumour markers and its classification.
4. Define burn. Write about its classification and provide first aid measures for chemical burns.
5. Write the details about types of infection and their causative organism.
Group ‘B’ [5 X 4 = 20]
Attempt (Any Five) Questions.
6. What is the main of First Aid? Write about first aid measures of heat stroke.
7. Write introduction and application of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
8. Define Neoplasia? Write in detail about immunological investigation of neoplasia.
9. What is injury? Classify the types of injury.
10. Describe in detail about clinical diagnosis and laboratory interpretation of cell injury.
11. What is Cell injury? Describe acquired Causes of Cell injury.
Group ‘C’ [4 X 3 = 12]
12. Write short notes on: (Any Four)
(b) Classification of hemorrhage
(d) Application of flow cytometry
(e) Insect bite.