Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)
Office of the Controller of Examinations
Regular/Back Exam 2071, Bhadra/Ashwin
Program: Lab Tecnician (Old + New Course)
Year/Part: Second Year | Subject: Hematology and Blood Banking
Full Marks: 80 | Pass Marks: 32 | Time: 3 hrs
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Group ‘A’ [2 X 10 = 20]
Attempt (Any Two) Questions
1. Define hemoglobin and mention their function. Write the principle and procedure of cyanmethaemoglobin method.
2. What is transfusion reaction? Describe different types of blood transfusion reaction in detail.
3. What are the coagulation factors? Describe coagulation mechanism in details.
Group ‘B’ [8 X 5 = 40]
Attempt (Any Eight) Questions.
4. Define clotting time(CT). How do you perform clotting time in laboratory?
5. How do you perform PCV in laboratory?
6. Define Anticoagulant. Write the use of EDTA.
7. What is Direct Coomb’s Test (DCT)?
8. Describe red blood cell indices.
9. What are the criteria for donor selection in blood donation camp.
11. How do you perform Platelets count? List the condition in which platelet counts are performed.
12. Write the morphological structures of Leucocytes.
13. Write the principle and procedure of total WBCs Count by manual Method.
Group ‘C’ [10 X 2 = 20]
Write Short Notes (Attempt All Questions.)
14. List the name of different types of blood parasite.
15. Haemolytic Anaemia
16. Define Leukemia. How do you classify Leukaemia?
17. Screening of blood bag.
18. Properties of stem cells.
20. RBC Pipette