Old Question Paper 2071 – CTEVT
Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training
Program: Lab Technician (Old + New Course)
Year/Part: Second Year | Office of the Controller of Examinations
Regular/Back Exam 2071 (2014) , Bhadra/Ashwin | Year/Part: Second Year
Subject: Microbiology and Immunology | Full Marks: 80 | Pass Marks: 32 | Time: 3 hrs
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Group ‘A’ [2 X 10 = 20]
Attempt (Any Two) Questions.
1. Describe morphology, cultural characteristic & pathogenesis and diagnosis of streptococcus pyogenes.
2. Define and classify the Sterilixation. Write principle, procedure and precautions of auto claving.
3. Write principle, procedure, result interpretation and reporting of Acid fast bascilli staining in sputum smear.
Group ‘B’ [5 X 8 = 40]
4. Define a bacterial growth and explain about bacterial growth carve.
5. Explain the multiplication process of Bacteriophages.
6. Describe the serological test for the diagnosis of syphilis.
7. Classify the culture media on the basis of nutritional requirements.
8. What is biochemical text? Write principle, procedure and result interpretation of sulphide indole motility (SIM) text.
9. Explain in detail about ELISA (Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent assay)
Group ‘C’ [5 X 4 = 20]
10. Write Short Notes on: (Any Five)
(a) ASO titer (Anitstreptolysin ‘O’)
(b) 10% KOH preparation
(c) Bacterial flagella
(d) Tuberculin skin test
(e) Classification of fungi
(f) HIV virus