Unit: Statistics | Economics
Diagrammatic and Graphical
Representation of Data
Management: Class 11
Advantages of Diagrams and Graphs
The following are the advantages of diagrams and graphs:
- Diagram gives an alternative and elegant presentation: Diagrammatic presentations of the data directly attract people, give delight to the eye and add to the statistics.
- Diagrams leave good visual impact: The visual impact of the diagram stresses the mind of the people to think about the situation of the statistics.
- They facilitate comparison: It makes easy to compare the data by visualizing the fact in front of the observer.
- Saves time: Diagrams present the set of data in such a way that their significance known without loss of much time.
- Diagrams simplify complexity and depict the characteristics of the data in simple manner.
- Graphs reveal trend of the data series which is helpful for simple forecasting.